Monday, January 7, 2013

creative block

i feel like i've hit a creative wall with my etsy. don't get me wrong, things are going well- I've gathered over $10 for the buffalo field campaign, with the Save the Last Buffalo Zine. Which has also made it into five treasury lists, and onto eighteen people's favorites! even some of the blank note cards have gotten a bit of love. my least favorite pattern made it into a lovely winter wonderland treasury.

but what's next? I feel like I've built up all this momentum, but now i need a break! but as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day, and the best thing to cure creative block is to just work on something fun. so i have.

i received this gorgeous leather-bound book from my mom several Christmases ago. and for the longest time i couldn't think of what to put in it (aside from my daily rants and complaints). but as i got more and more interested in spirituality through nature, i decided that if i was going to pull from different beliefs, maybe i should write them down in my own Book.

at this point it has some memos about plant combinations for charms, which did/didn't work, some traits of spirit animals, the solstices, equinoxes, full and new moon dates, and a special calendar based around the zodiac verses traditional months.

No comments:

Post a Comment